Bay Dynamics was selected to collaborate with Indiana University, https://www.indiana.edu/ , to create a custom hybrid ROV / AUV unit.
This ROV was installed with an Invidia AI system capable of detecting and navigating around objects on its own. Combined with a new non-accoustic tracking system, created by IU, this ROV was capable of operating on a tether for live feedback in ROV mode, or autonomously in AUV mode via its onboard computers.
- Dual Battery capacity of 36Ah
- Tilt adjustable M750d Multibeam Sonar
- Custom Stereo ranging cameras
- Integrated Starfish 453 Side Scan Sonar
- Nvidia Xavier onboard PC
- HD Navigation Camera
- Tether Disconnect and Power switches
- Multi Channel Lighting
- Mechanically stabilised with 6DOF
This system is now in use by Indiana Universities Marine Engineering department.