Bay Dynamics was employed by Robertson Environmental, https://www.robertsonenvironmental.co.nz/ , to create a system specific for Seabed Surveys while flying along predetermined Transect survey lines.
A base BlueROV2 was selected and a number of upgrades conducted to make the unit more fit for commercial purposes.
These upgrades included:
- Tether Disconnect, for easier transport options.
- External Power Switch, for easier power management in the field.
- Disconnectable thrusters, for quick swapping of any damaged thrusters in the field should they get damaged.
- Ping Altimeter, for measuring the ROV distance above the seabed.
- USBL Tracker, for tracking exact ROV position while submerged.
- Laser Scaler, for the ability to reference the size of any objects of interest including sealife.
- Corporate Branding, for greater visual appeal for promotion of their services.