Starfish 450F Towed Sidescan Sonar
StarFish 450F is the affordable high performance towed side scan sonar which produces spectacular images of the seabed. The compact hydrodynamic full body three-fin design improves stability of the sonar while its being towed which helps further improve the quality of images it produces.
Utilising advanced digital CHIRP acoustic technology developed from the professional underwater survey industry, StarFish 450F can view targets at longer ranges without any loss in image quality. It competes with many larger commercial systems, yet the intuitive software makes it very easy to use.
The StarFish 450 Series is designed to be ‘Plug and Play’, connecting to your Windows PC or laptop via a USB connection. Small, light and rugged, the StarFish 450F can easily be operated by a single person. Simply deploy the sonar by hand and tow from your boat to capture and record real-time images of the seafloor below. Our user friendly software makes seabed imaging easy for everyone.
Measuring less than 15 inches long the StarFish 450F sonar is small enough to be transported in your rucksack. Lightweight and quick to deploy, the 450F towed system is independent of the boat requiring no fixed installation which makes it easy to transport and operate from any vessel.
The Sonar connects to the Top Box. The Top Box then connects to the power source and any Windows based PC or Laptop via a USB connection to display, record and playback digital sonar images using StarFish Scanline software.
- Starfish 450F Side Scan Sonar “Towfish” Transducer Head
- Starfish 450 Top Box (includes USB and power cables)
- 20m cable (included with StarFish 450F Sonar)
- AC Mains power adapter (supports 110V and 240V)
- Customer supplied DC power supply 9V-28V (i.e. battery)
- Customer supplied PC or Laptop (with at least 1 free USB port and Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7)
- The smallest towed side scan sonar available.
- Pioneering hydrodynamic design.
- Easily transportable – fits in your rucksack.
- Plug & play USB interface to any PC.
- Easily powered from almost any source.
- Simple & intuitive software.