Starfish 450H Core Hull Mounted Sidescan System
StarFish 450H is the affordable high performance hull-mounted side scan sonar which produces spectacular images of the seabed.
The compact slim-line sonar design combined with our flexible mounting bracket ensure the system can be positioned correctly on any vessel helping you capture the best images possible.
Utilising advanced digital CHIRP acoustic technology developed from the professional underwater survey industry, StarFish 450H can view targets at longer ranges without any loss in image quality. It competes with many larger commercial systems, yet the intuitive software makes it very easy to use.
The StarFish 450 Series is designed to be ‘Plug and Play’, connecting to your Windows PC or laptop via a USB connection. Simple, one-time installation to your boat means you now have the ability to capture real-time digital images of the seabed during every journey you make. The 450H is straightforward to operate and our user friendly software makes seabed imaging easy for everyone.
As the 450H sonar is fixed to your boat it’s accessible all the time, allowing you to monitor the seabed for interesting targets during every journey. With hullmounted systems, you don’t have to worry about snagging a towing cable when surveying in shallow water or high traffic areas making it very simple to operate. This makes it an ideal system for anyone who may need to capture digital images of the seabed on their own.
The Sonar connects to the Top Box. The Top Box then connects to the power source and any Windows based PC or Laptop via a USB connection to display, record and playback digital sonar images using StarFish Scanline software.
- Starfish 450H Side Scan Sonar “Hull Mounted” Transducer Head
- Starfish 450 Top Box (includes USB and power cables)
- 5m or 20m cable (included with StarFish 450H Sonar)
- AC Mains power adapter (supports 110V and 240V)
- Customer supplied DC power supply 9V-28V (i.e. battery)
- Customer supplied PC or Laptop (with at least 1 free USB port and Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7)
- Plug & play USB interface to any PC.
- Easily powered from almost any source.
- Simple & intuitive software.