Starfish 990F Advanced Towed Sidescan Sonar
The ultimate high resolution StarFish side scan sonar for extreme image definition and target detection.
Based on the popular and proven 450F design, the StarFish 990F uses high frequency 1MHz acoustic ‘chirped’ pulses with a 0.3° horizontal beam width to produce the most defined and clear images from any StarFish system.
With a 35m range capability on each channel (giving 70m total swathe coverage), the StarFish 990F is the ideal tool for high resolution surveys in ports & harbours, academic research, inland waterways such as rivers and canals, and excels when used for SAR (Search And Recovery/Rescue) operations.
The compact hydrodynamic full body three-fin design improves stability of the sonar while it’s being towed which in-turn helps improve the quality of images it produces. The sonar also incorporates an inline connector to allow the cable to be swapped or replaced on site. Additional cable lengths are also available to help you choose the best towing solution for your needs.
Designed to be ‘Plug and Play’, connecting to your Windows PC or laptop via a USB connection, the StarFish 990F comes with software to allow the capture and recording real-time images from the seafloor below, making seabed imaging easy for everyone.
Compact, Rugged & Portable
Measuring less than 15 inches long the StarFish 990F sonar is small enough to be transported in your rucksack. Lightweight and quick to deploy by hand, the 990F towed system is independent of the boat requiring no fixed installation which makes it easy to transport and operate from any vessel. The StarFish Peli Case provides a rugged and watertight method for transporting and storing your StarFish system.
The Sonar connects to the Top Box. The Top Box then connects to the power source and any Windows based PC or Laptop via a USB connection to display, record and playback digital sonar images using StarFish Scanline software.
- Starfish 990F Side Scan Sonar “Towfish” Transducer Head
- Starfish 990 Top Box (includes USB and power cables)
- 20m cable (included with StarFish 990F Sonar)
- AC Mains power adapter (supports 110V and 240V)
- Customer supplied DC power supply 9V-28V (i.e. battery)
- Customer supplied PC or Laptop (with at least 1 free USB port and Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7)
- 0.3° acoustic beam widths for high definition.
- Easily transportable – fits in your rucksack.
- Plug & play USB interface to any PC, with simple & intuitive software.
- Easily powered from almost any source.
- High visibility red colour to aid location & tracking.