The BlueROV2 is the world’s most affordable high-performance ROV. With a 6-thruster vectored configuration, open-source electronics and software, and plenty of expandability, it’s the perfect ROV for inspections, research, and adventuring. What will you see?
The BlueROV2 is the most capable, flexible, and affordable ROV on the market. The 6-thruster vectored configuration, coupled with strong static stability, provides a vehicle that is smooth and stable, yet highly maneuverable. The BlueROV2provides the capabilities of a high-end mini-ROV at the price of the most basic commercial ROVs.
- Live 1080p HD video
- Highly maneuverable vectored thruster configuration
- Stable and optimized for inspection-class and research-class missions
- Easy to use, cross-platform user interface
- Highly expandable with three free cable penetrators and additional mounting points
- Standard 100m depth rating and up to 300m tether available
- 6 T200 Thrusters and Basic ESCs for a high thrust-to-weight ratio
- Quick-swappable batteries for all-day use
- Highly flexible topside enclosure for a clean connection from the the BlueROV2 to a computer
The vehicle comes in kit form and is partially assembled to make the user assembly as straightforward and enjoyable as possible. There is no soldering, potting, or gluing involved!
The BlueROV2 is our flagship product. It comprises many of our other products including our T200 Thrusters, 3″ and 4″ Series watertight enclosures, Bar30 pressure sensor, Fathom-X Tether Interface (FXTI), and our Fathom tether and tether interface electronics. Many of these products have been on the market for quite a while and have proven themselves through thousands of successful hours of operation in the field. The BlueROV2 continues this legacy with high-quality parts, a meticulous design, and rugged reliability.
Leveraging the effort that has gone into the ArduPilot project and related hardware projects, the BlueROV2 uses the open-source ArduSub software and the Pixhawk autopilot, providing autonomous capabilities rarely seen in mini-ROVs and hackability paralleled by none. The software is actively developed and improved by Blue Robotics and other contributors, with constant upgrades and improvements to make the BlueROV2 even better. The included Advanced Electronics Packageprovides a high-speed Ethernet connection with the Fathom-X tether interface and a Raspberry Pi companion computer for additional processing power. It provides live 1080p HD video directly to a computer or tablet and flexibility for future expansion.
The BlueROV2 is offered with several configurable options. All of these options are user-upgradeable at a later time.
- The Fathom Tether is available in a variety of lengths up to 300 meters (984 feet).
- The Lumen Lights are optional and either one or two pairs can be used. Each set is ready for installation and each individual light outputs 1500 lumens, the brightness of a car headlight.
The BlueROV2 ships without batteries due to shipping restrictions. We recommend our Lithium-ion Battery (14.8V, 18Ah), as well as the Multistar 10,000 mAh 14.8V lithium polymer battery pack from HobbyKing. Get a few for extended operation.
What’s Not Included
There are some items necessary for operation that are not included with the kit.
- A gamepad controller. We recommend this XBox One Controller (finer control) or this Logitech Gamepad (more affordable).
- A laptop or a Windows 10 tablet with 8GB of RAM or higher. The topside control software, QGroundControl, works on Mac, Windows 10 (i5 processor), and Linux.
- A battery for the BlueROV2. We recommend getting our 18Ah Lithium-ion Battery or 2 or 3 of these.
- A battery charger, such as our Lithium Battery Charger.